The Faculty of Education at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, has recently disseminated crucial information concerning the 2021/2022 resit examinations. This development is particularly pertinent for final year and spillover students awaiting their graduation.
Resit Examination Timetable
At the heart of this announcement lies the timetable, which is as follows:
- Registration: Starts from Monday 30th October, 2023 and lasts until Saturday 4th November, 2023.
- Revision Period: Begins on Monday 30th October, 2023, concluding on Saturday 11th November, 2023.
- Examination: Scheduled for Monday 13th November, 2023 to Saturday 18th November, 2023.
Key Highlights of the Examination
- Open Registration: Students are granted the liberty to register for all their failed courses, irrespective of the number.
- Special Concession: The resit examination for the academic year 2021/2022 is unique, allowing broader participation.
- Across Semesters: The resit examination covers both the First and Second Semesters.
- Eligibility: Only students in their final academic year and spillover students who haven’t graduated due to failed courses are eligible to partake.
- Fees: The university charges a sum of Ten Thousand (N10,000.00) Naira as registration fee and Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) per course registered. Nevertheless, colleges hold the autonomy to decide their fee structure, influenced by their logistical arrangements.
Ensuring Quality in Examination Delivery
The onus is on the colleges to produce the examination question papers and streamline the administration process. This adherence to quality and standards ensures students are assessed fairly. It is also noteworthy that during these resit examinations, all scores must maintain a standard; they shouldn’t plummet below 40% or rise above 45% based on the university’s grading metrics.
A Clarion Call to Action
In the correspondence, there’s a clarion call to all stakeholders involved. Colleges must dutifully submit a list of all failed courses by 30th October 2023, which will enable respective departments to prepare aptly.
The Faculty of Education, under the able stewardship of Prof. H. I. Bayero, entreats all affiliated colleges to marshal all affected students. This golden opportunity is not one to be squandered, and students are urged to optimally utilize it.
All the best in your pursuit!