In an admirable stride towards facilitating educational equity, Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, under the stewardship of Prof. Andy Ogochukwu Egwunyenga, extends an invitation to the undergraduate populace of DELSU who originate from Delta State, to participate in the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Programme. This initiative is a testament to the university’s dedication to its Corporate Social Responsibility, ensuring that the right to quality education is not hindered by economic disparities.
Empowerment through Education: DELSU’s Commitment to Accessibility
You are presented with an opportunity to alleviate the financial burdens that may impede your academic pursuits. DELSU has taken a commendable step to assist students facing financial hardship, ensuring that the doors to education remain open to all, irrespective of their financial background.
Understanding the Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Programme, it is imperative to meet the following conditions:
- Evidence of Indigence: You must provide proof of financial hardship, such as a history of educational interruptions due to the inability to afford tuition fees.
- Academic Merit: A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 is required.
- Personal and Parental Circumstances: Consideration is given to applicants facing challenges such as ill health, disabilities, and unemployment within the family.
- Community Service: Engagement in voluntary community service despite financial challenges will be viewed favorably.
- Exclusivity: This scholarship is solely for students not currently benefiting from other scholarships.
- Fresh Applicants: For 100-level students, DELSU must have been your first choice in JAMB, with a minimum POST-UTME weighted average of 52.
The Application Process: How to Secure Your Scholarship
Interested and eligible candidates must follow a straightforward online application procedure:
- Submission of Application: Fill out the application form available on DELSU’s official website: DELSU Scholarship Application.
- Hard Copy Requirement: After completing the online application, download, print, and submit the form along with all necessary attachments to the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration in Site II.
- Deadline for Application: Ensure your application, along with the required documents, is submitted within two weeks from the date of this announcement.
Timely Action Is Essential
It is crucial to act promptly. The window for application submission is constricted to two weeks post-announcement. This timeline is non-negotiable, and adherence to it is mandatory for consideration.
For any queries or additional information, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s office stands ready to assist. You may direct your inquiries and requests for further details to the appropriate university authorities.
All the best in your pursuit!