The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka Branch, is thrilled to unveil its Indigent Scholarship Award for 2023. A commendable initiative, this scheme is expressly tailored to bestow financial support upon indigent undergraduates, empowering them to surmount the financial constraints that often barricade academic pursuits.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The true essence of scholarships lies in the transparent, merit-based criteria they adhere to. In line with this, ASUU has delineated the following prerequisites for the prospective beneficiaries:
- Indigence is Paramount: The scholarship primarily targets students facing financial hardships. Hence, only indigent applicants stand eligible.
- Registration with DELSU: This isn’t a generic scholarship. It’s bespoke for the students of Delta State University, Abraka. Therefore, only registered students of DELSU can apply.
- Academic Prowess: Beyond financial need, academic performance is pivotal. Applicants must have a noteworthy academic track record, evident in a CGPA of 3.00 or above.
How to Apply? Your Guide to Secure the ASUU Scholarship
Venturing into the application process might seem daunting, but with the right guidance, it’s as simple as ABC. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Crafting the Application Letter: Each aspirant must pen down an application letter, spanning no more than two pages. This letter should encompass:
- Full name of the candidate.
- The specific course and the current academic year they’re enrolled in.
- Their State of origin.
- Accompanying Documents: A mere letter won’t suffice. To authenticate the claims and ensure a transparent selection, candidates need to annex:
- A photocopied version of their current identity card.
- An official letter from their respective department’s head, shedding light on the candidate’s CGPA for the preceding academic year.
- A duplicate of the candidate’s registration form for the ongoing semester, which for this cycle is the second semester of the 2022/2023 academic session.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs, ensuring clarity and a decent presentation.
Reward & Recognition
The ultimate attraction of any scholarship lies in the financial respite it offers. The ASUU Indigent Scholarship Award is pegged at a generous N200,000 per beneficiary. This isn’t a recurring grant but a one-time financial aid, ensuring that the maximum number of deserving students can benefit.
In the grand tapestry of scholarships, what sets this one apart is its dual focus: it’s not just about financial need but also academic prowess. With the deadline slated for 24 October 2023, time is of the essence.
As they rightly say at ASUU, “Education is the passport to the future.” So, why wait? Dive into the application process and secure your future today!
For further queries and assistance, aspirants can reach out to Prof. G. O Demaki, the stalwart at the helm of this initiative, serving as the Chairman of ASUU at DELSU.
All the best in your pursuit!