If you’re an ambitious African woman with a passion for ICT, the 2024 Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship presents an unparalleled opportunity to advance your academic and professional journey. This fellowship, a tribute to Dr. Dorcas Muthoni, an esteemed Kenyan engineer and entrepreneur, is now open for applications. It is specifically designed to honor Dr. Muthoni’s significant contributions to encouraging engineering studies among young African women, her mentorship role, and her dedication to combating poverty.
|African female students with an M.Sc degree
|🎓 Fellowship Aim
|Gender equality in ICT, Empower women
|💼 Research Areas
|to DorcasWho Was Dorcas Muthoni?
Dr. Dorcas Muthoni, the CEO and founder of OpenWorld, was honored with the highest recognition from the university on 15th December 2017. Her relentless efforts in promoting engineering among young African women, mentoring youth, and addressing social challenges have been inspirational.
Eligibility Criteria for the Fellowship
The Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship is exclusive to talented African female students who hold an M.Sc degree or equivalent. If you’re an African national, aged between 18 and 35, and ready to commit to an intensive PhD program in ICT, this fellowship is for you.
What Does the Fellowship Offer?
- Promoting gender equality in ICT: Aiming to narrow the gender gap in this field by empowering women to pursue scientific and technological careers.
- Enhancing research skills: Offering access to more than 20 active research groups in the ICT department.
- Contributing to social impact: Encouraging fellows to return to their home countries post-study to advance ICT careers there.
The fellowship covers a wide range of ICT disciplines, including but not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computational Neuroscience
- Data Mining
- Financial Support: A predoctoral contract with a competitive salary.
- Teaching Experience: Involvement in teaching assistance.
- Start-up Fund: An initial fund of 2500€ to cover initial expenditures.
Please note, that the scholarship is designed to support only one individual without provisions for family members.
How to Apply for Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship
- UPF ICT PhD Programme Application: Submit your application along with a support letter from a potential supervisor.
- Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship Application: Complete the official fellowship application form.
- Motivation Letter: Articulate your motivations and expected impact post-PhD.
- Preferred Teaching Subjects: Select your teaching preferences and get the form signed by your potential PhD Supervisor.
- Passport Copy: Provide a digital copy of your passport.
For further information and to apply, visit the Official Webpage of the Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship.
- Deadline: 2nd May 2024 at 23:59 CET.
- Application Process: Submission of a detailed application, including a motivation letter and preferred teaching subjects, to the specified email address.
This fellowship is a chance to follow in Dr. Muthoni’s footsteps, contributing significantly to the ICT sector and gender equality in Africa. If you meet the criteria and are driven by a desire to make an impact in the tech world, apply now for the Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship. Your journey towards making a difference in ICT and beyond starts here!