The Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA), one of Nigeria’s recently established tertiary institutions, has rolled out its cut-off marks for the forthcoming 2023/2024 academic session admission exercise. This release provides an important guidepost for prospective students, outlining the minimum standards expected of them to be considered eligible for the institution’s post-UTME screening exercise.
Established in 2010 by the Goodluck Jonathan administration, FULAFIA stands as one of the nine novel federal universities inaugurated across the six geo-political zones of Nigeria. Proudly rooted in Lafia, the heart of Nasarawa State, this institution has quickly cemented its reputation for academic excellence and is a sought-after choice for many students across the country.
The All-Important Cut-Off Marks
The management team of FULAFIA has decreed that the cut-off mark for this year’s admission exercise will act as a yardstick for selection. Here’s the breakdown:
General Admission Requirements:
- O’ Level Standards: Candidates must possess relevant O’ Level results, procured in no more than two attempts or sittings.
- JAMB UTME Score: The baseline score is set at 170. However, for certain courses, there’s a slightly elevated requisite:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology: 200
- Nursing and Radiography: 210
- Medical Laboratory Science (MLS): 220
- Medicine and Surgery (MBBS): 230
- Preferred Choice: Prospective students must have earmarked the Federal University of Lafia as their topmost choice during the JAMB registration process.
Meeting these criteria, especially the specified JAMB UTME score, is paramount. A score that aligns with or surpasses the designated cut-off ensures a candidate’s consideration during the post-UTME screening exercise. On the contrary, falling short of this threshold means automatic disqualification from FULAFIA’s screening process.
In conclusion, aspiring FULAFIA students should take heed of these guidelines and gear up for the admission exercise.
All the best in your pursuit!