The esteemed Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) has commenced the sale of forms for admission into its various Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Master, and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs for the 2023/2024 academic session. Below are the guidelines, available courses, and the procedure on how to secure a FUOYE postgraduate form.
Invitation for Applications
Suitably qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for admission into FUOYE’s diverse postgraduate programs available for the forthcoming academic session of 2023/2024.
FUOYE Postgraduate Admission Prerequisites
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- Eligibility: These are open to holders of Master’s degrees with a minimum score of 60% in their respective Master’s degree programs.
- Duration: The Ph.D. degree program has a minimum duration of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 48 calendar months for full-time students. For part-time students, a minimum of 48 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months is allotted.
- Course Structure: Relevant courses will be undertaken during the Ph.D. studies, including a supervised Thesis where required.
M.Phil/Ph.D Degree Programmes
- Eligibility: Candidates with a CGPA score between 55.00% and 59.99% at the Master’s level can apply for the M.Phil/Ph.D program on a full-time basis.
- Conversion to Ph.D.: Candidates can transition to Ph.D. candidature, subject to a progress assessment report by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. A minimum aggregate score of 60% at the end of the first session is mandatory for conversion to the Ph.D. program.
Master’s Degree Programmes
- Eligibility: Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in their Bachelor’s degree program.
- Duration: The programs run for a minimum period of one year (two semesters) and a maximum of two years (four semesters) for full-time candidates. For part-time candidates, the minimum duration is two years (four semesters), extending up to a maximum of three years (six semesters) depending on departmental peculiarities.
- Course Structure: All master’s degree Programmes necessitate coursework and research work/report, concluding with the production of a dissertation.
- A program will automatically lapse at the expiration of the maximum duration for each program. However, an extension of not more than 12 months may be applied for.
- Candidates in regular employment are required to submit, along with their applications, formal letters of release for postgraduate studies from their employers.
- Applicants not graduating from FUOYE must have their former Universities or institutions forward their academic transcripts directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Application Procedure for FUOYE Postgraduate Admission
- Payment: Candidates are required to pay a sum of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) through the REMITA platform MDA: Federal University Oye Ekiti- 1000134.
- Account Name: REMITA REVENUE ACCOUNT
- Account Number: 0320496861013
- Online Application: Go to SPGS FUOYE. Follow the application instructions carefully and apply or log in to continue the application after payment. The Application Number serves as the username and SURNAME as the password.
The deadline for the application is not specified. Prospective students are encouraged to apply promptly to avoid any inconvenience. All applications are to be made in strict adherence to the guidelines provided on the official website.
All the best in your pursuit!