The distinguished Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) proudly announces the Vice Chancellor’s Mid-Tenure Writing Competition. This scholarly contest seeks to engender insightful discourse and reflection on the critical and topical subject: “Re-emergence of Coup D’état: Causes, Effects and the Future of Politics in Africa.”
This intellectual pursuit aims to invoke profound contemplation and exploration of the resurgence of coups d’état within the African political landscape, its underlying catalysts, repercussions, and prospective future within the continent’s political sphere.
Eligibility and Participation
- Target Participants: The competition is exclusively open to all undergraduates enrolled at Federal University Oye-Ekiti.
- Authorship: Each submission must be the sole creation of the participating undergraduate and must not involve multiple authors.
- Originality and Exclusivity: Entries must represent the original thoughts and expressions of the participant and must not have been previously published in any other medium or platform.
- Language of Composition: All essays must be articulated in English, ensuring accessibility and comprehension.
- Word Count: Essays must encompass a word count ranging between 1,500 to 2,000 words, allowing for in-depth exploration while maintaining conciseness.
- Formatting: Submissions must be typewritten in Times New Roman font and must be double-spaced to ensure readability.
- Submission Deadline: All entries must be submitted by 7th October, 11:59 PM WAT.
- Submission Portal: Participants are to submit their entries electronically to [email protected].
Prizes and Recognition
The competition offers substantial rewards, aimed at fostering academic advancement and recognising intellectual excellence:
- First Prize: A Laptop and ₦100,000.
- Second Prize: A Laptop and ₦70,000.
- Third Prize: A Laptop and ₦50,000.
All the best in your pursuit!