Are you an aspirant of Lead City University?
If yes, this article will give you the first-hand information you need about the school.
However, it is crucial to know your desired school’s courses, fees, cut-off marks, and others.
Why? Because it will help you avoid the dangerous mistake in your admission process.
So, before you apply for admission to any institution in Nigeria, you should know some vital information about the school of your choice.
Meanwhile, let’s dig a little deeper into Lead City University.
Introduction To Lead City University (LCU)
Lead City University is a non-profit private university established in 2005 in the largest city in Nigeria.
It is a small co-educational Nigerian higher education institution with a uni rank enrollment range of 3000-3999 students.
However, the school is recognized and approved by the National Universities Commission of Nigeria (NUC).
The institution offers degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
LCU also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students, including a library, housing, sports facilities, financial aid and scholarships, study abroad and exchange programs, and administrative services.
Where Is Lead City University Located?
Lead City University (LCU) is located in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Lead City University Courses, School Fees And Admission Requirements
What is the list of courses LCU offers? I have listed all the Lead City University courses, school fees and admission requirements in a separate blog article.
You can check it out with this link below:
How Much Is Lead City University Acceptance Fee?
LCU acceptance fee is #25,000.
Does Lead City University Accept Installment Payments?
Yes! Instalment payment attracts a 5% surcharge on the entire fee.
However, all students must pay at least 70% of the tuition fees before registration and class attendance.
Please note that payment is not effective without due registration at both Central Registration Unit and Faculty office for each semester.
How much Is Lead City University Post UTME Form?
Lead City University Post UTME form cost #10,500 (Ten Thousand and Five Hundred Naira only) and is non-refundable.
Lead City University Student Portal
You can visit the LCU student portal to further your admission process. You can access it with the links below.
LCU Student Portal: http://portal.leadcityuniversity.com/portal/
LCU Main Website: https://www.lcu.edu.ng/
What Is Lead City University, Cut-Off Mark?
Lead City University (LCU) cut-off mark is 180. So, the LCU post-UTME screening process is open to any UTME applicant with 180 and above.
Lead City University Dress Code
A. Dress Code For All Female Students
1. All female students must dress corporately. Dressing corporately connotes a smart skirt, suit, and blouse, or a dress with a pair of neat, covered shoes or sandals.
2. Dresses should be of kneeling length.
That means wearing sleeveless dresses or dresses with very tiny singlet-like straps (spaghetti straps) without a jacket is
strictly prohibited in the lecture room and the university environment.
3. Strapless blouses and scarves are not allowed in lecture halls, and the university environment.
4. Over-clinging clothing, including hipster trousers, is not allowed in the university.
5. Revealing blouses, especially the type of blouse that does not cover the navel, are not allowed in the lecture halls in the university environment.
6. The female students must wear transparent dresses with a singlet or other forms of innerwear. Ordinary transparent dresses are against the law of the school.
7. The use of face caps in the Lecture and Examination Halls is strictly against the law of the school.
8. Wearing bathroom slippers are not allowed in and around the lecture halls of the school.
9. Female students are to do neat and responsible hairstyles.
10. Female students may wear trouser suits with a jacket to match. Tight or clinging trousers are not allowed.
11. Female students can use earrings and necklaces, provided they are not the bogus type.
12. Tight, Faded and ¾ Jeans/Trousers are not allowed.
13. Female students can wear low sandals or covered corporate shoes.
14. LCU prohibits piercing any body part other than the ear (for earrings) and wearing anklets (ankle chains).
15. Tattooing on any part of the body is against the law of the school.
16. LCU prohibits traditional or native attires in the school.
B. Dress Code for All Male Students
1. All male students are to dress corporately. To be corporately dressed connotes a shirt tucked into a pair of trousers with a tie, with or without a jacket and a neat pair of covered shoes.
2. LCU prohibits traditional or native attires in the school.
3. No male student should wear scarves, braided hair or earrings to the university.
4. Fastening of trousers below the waistline is not allowed.
5. LCU prohibits wearing long-sleeved shirts without buttoning the sleeves well or folding, as desired.
6. Male students must arrange their shirt collars very well.
7. Male students must properly tuck their shirts into the trousers. Polo or T-shirt is not allowed.
8. The practice of pulling down one’s trousers to the hip line is not allowed.
9. Male students should have well-cut and combed hair regularly.
10. The use of face caps in Lecture and examination halls is strictly against the law of the school.
11. Piercing of any part of the body is a punishable offence.
12. Male students must not tattoo any part of the body.
13. Male students must not carry bushy and or Afro hairstyles.
C. Uniform Dress Code For Law Students
• White shirt with a tie/white blouse and black trouser/skirt with or without a black jacket is prescribed for female and male students in the Faculty of Law of the University.
• Law Students must adhere strictly to the Uniform Dress code.
Please note that the school administration will consider any violation of this code a serious offence, and defaulters will receive severe disciplinary punishment. That may include a written warning, suspension or expulsion.
Does LCU Accept Two Sittings
Yes! LCU accept two sittings for admission.
That implies that you can combine and use different results and exams to gain admission into Lead City University.
So LCU accepts;
- WAEC AND WAEC
- NECO AND NECO
- WAEC AND NECO
- WAEC AND WAEC GCE
- NECO AND NECO GCE
Does LCU Accept Second Choice Candidates?
Yes! Lead City University accepts second-choice candidates.
LCU Hostel Accommodation and feeding for freshers and stay lite.
- N312,000 (4-Bedded room )
- N462,000 (Single)
Does LCU Accept Awaiting Results?
Yes! LCU accept awaiting result. The institution allows candidates awaiting their results to apply for the Post UTME screening exercise and offers admission.
All the best in your pursuit!