Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic titled “MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility MSc & Doctoral Scholarship For Plant Breeders In Africa 2023”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility MSc & Doctoral Scholarship For Plant Breeders In Africa will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [phd scholarships in development studies for african students, online masters degree scholarships for african students, scholarship for msc, african union scholarships, pan african scholarship, new zealand commonwealth scholarships for msc and phd candidates, scholarship to study in africa, scholarships for developing countries in africa, MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility MSc & Doctoral Scholarship For Plant Breeders In Africa 2023], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility MSc & Doctoral Scholarship For Plant Breeders In Africa ”
MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility MSc & Doctoral Scholarship For Plant Breeders In Africa
The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2). Currently, 24 MSc scholarships and 9 Academic / Administrative staff exchange are available.
MoBreed, research aims at increasing quality information on the use and conservation of neglected and underutilized species (NUS) and crop wild relatives (CWR) in Africa, specifically food crops such as fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, root and tubers, and cereals.
Funded by the Intra – Africa Mobility Scheme, a mobility program developed by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACAE) of the European Union, MoBreed aims at harmonizing training programs among its founding partners on plant breeding and educating high profile breeders who can promote the underutilized crops in Africa to tackle food security issues on the continent.
Through this mobility program, students will receive high-quality training on the latest technologies of plant breeding.
- Applications Deadline: October
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral and MSc programmes.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in plant breeding and seed biotechnology.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes subsistence and settling-in allowances, participation costs, and contribution to research costs, insurance and travel in line with Agreement with EACEA. It will cover:
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance);
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable;
- Comprehensive travel insurance (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period.
- Nationality: The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
- Number of Scholarships: Currently, 24 MSc scholarships and 9 Academic / Administrative staff exchange are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The MoBreed mobility grant is open to all students from any of the partner universities (Target Group 1) and secondly to students from other African universities (Target Group 2).
Target Group 1:
This category includes students from all partners universities as follows:
- University of Abomey-Calavi; Benin
- University of KwaZulu-Natal; South Africa
- University of Namibia; Namibia
- Jimma University; Ethiopia
- Ebonyi State University; Nigeria
Target Group 2:
All other African countries.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be eligible for a scholarship (i.e. financial support to third parties), master students as well as doctoral candidates referred to as ‘’students’’ must comply with the below criteria at the time of the application for a scholarship:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Intra-Africa Mobility programme of the EACEA and
- Be registered/admitted in or having obtained an HEI degree (or equivalent) from
- one of the HEIs included in the MoBreed consortium (Target group 1)
- an HEI not included in the No breed consortium but established in an eligible country (Target group 2) and
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses in the host countries.
Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa or Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme (regardless of the type of mobility or the funding project).
Students have benefited from scholarship(s) under the previous intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme cannot receive the scholarship under the Intra-Africa academic mobility.
In order to meet the general selection requirements for MSc Mobility Grant (maximum 12 months’ scholarship mainly for research), the applicant must have completed the first two semesters of a Master of Science course in Agronomy, Biology or any related fields in his home country. Students with Genetics, Biotechnology, and plant breeding background are highly encouraged to apply. It is obligatory that the students have their first year MSc Academic transcripts.
Students considering to study in South Africa should also send their qualifications to SAQA for evaluation. UKZN will only accept the students if their qualification is rated as equivalent to a South African honours degree by SAQA. Access the SAQA website at www.SAQA.org.za. The form is also uploaded on Mobreed website.
For Academic/ Administrative staff, applicants should hold an MSc or PhD degree in Genetics, Biotechnology, Plant Breeding, Agronomy, Biology or any related fields. The person with Genetics, Biotechnology, and plant breeding background are highly encouraged to apply.
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships | Study Abroad Scholarships
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe
- 4 Year Scholarships | List Of Full Ride Scholarships
- All Harvard University Scholarships
- Scholarships For Psychology Major | Psychology Scholarships
- Scholarships For African American Students | African American Scholarships
- Asian American Scholarships | Japanese American Scholarships
How to Apply: Applicants should submit completed application and all supporting documents by email to lydia.sognon-at-gmail.com with a copy to mobreed.uac-at-gmail.com by 05th October 2018. They should indicate in the subject line (if submitting by email) or super scribe the envelope (if submitting by post) ‘Application for MoBreed MSc/Staff exchange programme‘. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Admission regulations for Doctoral and MSc Studies are to be found from prospective HEIs website. This application is for MoBreed Project scholarships only. The Scholarship application form together with other required documents should be sent as a unique PDF attachment to: emails indicated above. You may download the MS Word version of the application form, and complete it before sending. Important also is the student proposal that should be sent together within the application as ONE SINGLE DOCUMENT, preferably PDF. Other required documents are listed in the application form and include:
- Cover letter
- Scholarship Application form (this document)
- Student proposal (guidelines available online)
- National ID or Copy of Passport Data page
- Certificate of degree
- Transcript records
- Support letter from sending HEIs
- Recommendation letter of home supervisor (mandatory for all applicants)
- Enrollment proof in degree course from home institution (for MSc applicants)
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Employment certificate (only for staff)
- Certificate of English or French language skills
- Proof of socio-economic vulnerability (if available)
That’s the much we can take on the topic “MoBreed Intra-Africa Mobility MSc & Doctoral Scholarship For Plant Breeders In Africa “.
Thanks For Reading
- Study Abroad In Canada | See Top 10 scholarships To Study Abroad In Canada
- International Masters Scholarship at the University Of Oulu
- Fully funded Singapore International Scholarship
- Fully Funded Duke University International scholarship
- Kings College London International Scholarship
- All Harvard University Scholarships as well as Harvard University Full Scholarships Scholarships For Psychology Major | Psychology Scholarships All JMU Scholarships & How To Apply | JMU Scholarship ApplicationScholarships To Pay Off Student Loans | Student Debt Relief ScholarshipsScholarships For African American Students | African American Scholarships IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2020/2021 | Study Abroad Scholarships Pennsylvania Scholarships | Verizon Pennsylvania Scholarship Fund