The Federal College of Orthopaedic Technology (FECOT), located within the National Orthopaedic Hospital in Igbobi, Lagos, has recently announced the commencement of its admission process for the Higher National Diploma (HND) programs in Prosthetics and Orthotics Technology, as well as Orthopaedic Cast Technology, for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Who Can Apply?
The College is keen on attracting qualified candidates to its esteemed HND programs, which have earned a reputation for excellence in the orthopedic field.
Prosthetics and Orthotics Technology: Entry Requirements
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) ‘O’-level credit passes in relevant subjects. This must necessarily include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Aspiring students should hold a National Diploma (ND) in Prosthetics/Orthotics Technology. They should have attained a minimum of a lower credit from FECOT or any similar institution accredited by NBTE or the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics (ISPO).
- Successful completion of a mandatory one-year Supervised Clinical Attachment is essential.
- Additionally, an admission letter from JAMB specific to the HND in Prosthetics/Orthotics Technology is a prerequisite.
Orthopaedic Cast Technology: Entry Requirements
- Aspirants should have at least five (5) ‘O’-level credit passes in pivotal subjects. The list must encompass English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- A National Diploma (ND) in Orthopaedic Cast Technology with a minimum of lower credit, either from FECOT or an institution recognized by NBTE, is mandatory.
- One year of industrial training experience is an essential criterion.
- A valid JAMB admission letter for the HND in Orthopaedic Cast Technology is necessary for application.
The entire HND course, regardless of specialization, is set to span 24 months.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to apply, accompanied by a non-refundable application/processing fee of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only), to be paid into the Federal College of Orthopaedic Technology’s account via the Remita platform.
- To make the payment, visit www.remita.net, choose Federal College of Orthopaedic Technology as the Remita customer/biller, and then follow the further instructions provided.
- Please present proof of payment at the College Registry.
Important Dates and Information
- Closing Date: The application window closes on 10th November 2023.
- It’s pertinent to note that FECOT is non-residential. Therefore, accommodation arrangements should be made independently.
- Only candidates shortlisted after the screening will be invited for an interview.
For further queries, candidates are encouraged to get in touch with the College Registry:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 08080297408, 08078192857
All the best in your pursuit!