Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK) invites applications from qualified candidates for the Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening exercise for the 2023/2024 academic session. This guide provides detailed information about the screening process, eligibility criteria, application procedure, and important deadlines.
Introduction: What’s It All About?
The Post UTME/Direct Entry screening is an essential part of the admission process for all candidates who have chosen NSUK as their first choice of institution (either through UTME or Direct Entry). Participating in this exercise is a crucial step toward securing admission to the university.
Eligibility Criteria for NSUK Post UTME/DE Screening
Before you proceed to apply for the screening exercise, it’s essential to ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Participation in UTME or Direct Entry: Applicants must have participated in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or applied through Direct Entry (DE) mode.
- Minimum Score Requirements: A minimum of 160 marks in the 2023 UTME or a Lower Credit in National Diploma (ND), Merit in Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE), Eight (8) points in IJMB for Direct Entry.
- O’Level Requirements: Possession of at least five O’level credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics, and no more than two sittings in relevant subjects.
- Choice of Institution: Nasarawa State University must have been chosen as the First Choice in the 2023 UTME. Those who did not choose NSUK as their 1st choice must change it to the First Choice on the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal to qualify for the screening.
How to Apply for NSUK Post UTME Form
Applying for the NSUK Post UTME screening is a straightforward process. Below are the steps to guide you through the application:
- Visit the NSUK Post-UTME Screening Portal: Go to NSUK 2023 Post-UTME Screening Portal.
- Create an Account/Profile: Set up your profile by providing the necessary details.
- Select Application Type: Click on the application type and select “2023/2024 POST-UTME application”.
- Create an Email Address and Password: Use these to log in for future access.
- Pay the Processing Fee: The fee is N2,000.00 (Two thousand Naira only), payable through the available options.
- Fill in Personal and Contact Details: Provide accurate information as requested.
- Upload Required Documents: These include your passport photograph, A’level qualification (for DE applicants only), and SSCE details for both UTME/DE applicants.
- Complete the Scratch Card Purchase and Application: Follow the instructions carefully.
- Print Out Confirmation: Print out the Application Summary and Download the payment invoice for your records.
Note: The O’Level results used in this online screening form will be required for verification during registration.
UTME and Direct Entry candidates must also visit JAMB-accredited CBT centers to upload their “O” Level/“A” Level results on their JAMB profile.
Important Notice: Acceptance of Admission
Candidates should regularly monitor their admission on their JAMB profile. There is a grace period of four (4) weeks within which all approved admissions must be accepted. Failure to do so will result in the deletion of the admission, with subsequent ineligibility for future admissions.
Furthermore, the POST-UTME Screening is MANDATORY. Candidates who fail to participate will not be considered for admission.
The application deadline has been extended to 30th September 2023. Applicants are encouraged to complete their applications well before the closing date to avoid any last-minute rush.
Nasarawa State University’s Post UTME/Direct Entry Screening exercise is a pivotal step for those seeking admission in the 2023/2024 academic session. Understanding the eligibility criteria, following the application procedure correctly, and keeping abreast of the important dates ensures a smooth application process.
All the best in your pursuit!