If you’ve ever harbored aspirations of joining the esteemed nursing profession within Umuahia or Amachara, now is a golden opportunity. The Schools of Nursing in both Umuahia and Amachara have officially opened their gates, inviting applications for their basic nursing program set to commence for the 2023/2024 academic term.
Prospective students embarking on this journey should prepare for an intensive yet rewarding 3-year training program.
The institutions uphold strict academic standards. Thus, candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- O’ Level qualifications, obtained in no more than two sittings, including:
- English Language
Please note: While WAEC & NECO qualifications can be combined, NABTEB is recognized on its merit.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can secure their application forms from the Nursing Services Department, located at the Ministry of Health, Umuahia, New Secretariat on the fourth floor. A non-refundable application fee of ten thousand nairas (₦10,000) is required and can be paid in either of the two designated banks: UBA or Zenith.
- Sale of Application Forms Commences: Tuesday, 8th August 2023
- Application Deadline: Friday, 8th September 2023
- Examination Date: Saturday, 16th September 2023
- Venue: XYZ Cyber Centre, situated behind the state Secretariat in Umuahia
- Format: Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Time: 8:00 am prompt
All the best in your pursuit!