In the pursuit of academic excellence, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Ambrose Alli University (AAU), Ekpoma chapter offers deserving students a unique chance. The ASUU Indigent Students Scholarship 2023 is now open for applications. For students striving for greatness but constrained by financial burdens, this scholarship serves as a beacon of hope.
Criteria for Award Eligibility
Before diving into the application process, it’s essential to determine eligibility. AAU sets out the following key criteria:
- Indigence: The scholarship is tailored for students facing financial hardships.
- Registration: Only registered students of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, can apply.
- Academic Performance: A testament to the university’s commitment to excellence, applicants must have a commendable academic record, specifically a CGPA of 3.0 and above.
How to Apply: A Step-by-Step Guide
Embarking on the application journey for the ASUU Indigent Students Scholarship 2023? Here’s a comprehensive guide to ensure a seamless process:
1. Application Letter Preparation
All potential awardees should submit an application letter. This letter, not exceeding two pages, should encompass the following details:
- Full Name of the applicant.
- Course and Year of Study: Provide clear details on the academic program and current year at AAU, Ekpoma.
- State of Origin: This information helps the selection committee better understand the applicant’s background.
2. Essential Accompanying Documents
Alongside the application letter, the following documents are paramount:
- A photocopy of the applicant’s current identity card.
- An official letter from the applicant’s current Head of Department, detailing the applicant’s CGPA for the preceding academic session. This is crucial for verifying academic eligibility.
- A copy of the applicant’s registration form for the current semester/session.
- Two current passport-sized photographs for identification purposes.
Once all documents are prepared, applicants should forward their application package to the ASUU Secretariat, Twin Lecture Theatre, Main Campus, AAU, Ekpoma. Submissions are accepted between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., with the deadline set for Wednesday, 25th October 2023.
What’s Next? The Selection Phase
Post-submission, shortlisted applicants can expect an invitation for an interview. The exact date, time, and venue will be communicated in due course. To ensure smooth communication, it’s advised that applicants include their phone numbers in the application.
For any further queries or clarifications, prospective applicants can reach out to Dr. Osifo Agharese, the Convener of the Indigent Students Scholarship Award at AAU, Ekpoma. He can be contacted at the phone number: 08037267999.
All the best in your pursuit!