I below compiled a set of guide evaluation questions on Basic Chemistry that would help engage teachers and students. Some of which is actually tricky. Try to attempt these Tricky Chemistry Quiz Questions and view the Answers. Try not to spy the answers. Test yourself.
Tricky Interesting Chemistry Quiz Questions and Answers
Time Allowed for Test: 1 hour
Instructions: Answer all questions. Some are subjective and some require statements as answers.
Prize: Feel free to use the comments section of this post to attempt the questions. First correct entry wins 3 Steem.
- The process where H2O turns into vapor is called ___
- The process where vapor turns into liquid is called ___
- Differentiate between melting and freezing processes.
- The process by which a solid changes directly to vapor (gas) without first forming the liquid is called ___
- Describe a simple experiment to illustrate magnetization process
- Atoms combine or join together to form _____
- _____ is a substance which cannot be split into two or more simpler substance by any known chemical process.
- An element is made up of _______.
- All gases exists as _______.
- Differentiate between a compound and a molecule
- The mixture of two or more metals are called ______________.
- Brass is a mixture of ____ and ____.
- Calcium trioxocarbonate (IV) is a compound of ____, ____ and ____.
- State the two divisions of paper chromatography.
- What is the valency of tetraoxosulphate (vi) Ion SO42-
- What is the valency of Hydrogen trioxocarbonate (IV) ion HCO3-
- State the valency of tetraphosphate (v) Ion PO43-
- Define the term valency.
- State the molecular formula of calcium trioxonitrate (V)
- State the molecular formula of Lead II chloride octahydrate.
- Differentiate between molecular and structural formulas.
- State a balanced chemical equation for the decomposition of potassium trioxochlorate (V) into potassium chloride and oxygen.
- Calculate the molar mass of Potassium trioxochlorate (V) KClO3
- State the law of conversation of mass.
- In an experiment to illustrate the law of conservation of mass ___ and ___ are placed respectively in a test tube and conical flask.
- State the law of multiple proportion.
- Differentiate between chemical formula and equation
- State the condition necessary for a chemical equation to be useful
- What do you mean by Stoichiometry of reaction.
- One of the following is not the reasons Stoichiometry is studied: a) To establish that the chemical equations are true b) To decide how much of reactant is required to give a certain amount of product c) To determine the amount of sugar in solution.
- A mole is a number of particle, these particles could be ___, ___, ___ or __
- State another name for the number of particles in a mole concept which is approximately 6.02×1023 in magnitude.
- Why was the law of octave in periodic table classification?
- What determines the nature of an atom which also distinguishes it from all other atoms.
- Briefly explain the John Dobereiner’s theory of periodic table classification.
- State the three isotopes of Hydrogen.
- State why Beryllium is used as Atomic fuel containers and for x-ray apparatus production.
- In the earliest attempt for Periodic table classification, which of the scientist was the first to point out a systematic relationship among the elements.
- In contrast to Lothar Meyer, Mendeleev used chemical properties like what and what to illustrate the Periodic Law.
- The effort to reveal the secrets of the periodic table was led by the following scientists except one.
SEE ALSO: Jamb Chemistry Repeated Questions | Jamb Chemistry Past Questions and Answers
- Melting is the process where solid turns into liquid-melting WHILE Freezing occurs liquid turns to solid
- Put iron fillings on a filter paper, bring a bar magnet close to the iron fillings. The iron fillings are attracted to the magnet and can be removed by tapping the magnet
- An element
- Compound is a substance which contain two or more element that are chemically combined WHILE a molecule is the smallest part of an element or a compound that can exist as free and separate substance
- An alloy
- Copper and zinc
- Calcium, carbon and oxygen
- Ascending and descending paper chromatography
- The combing power of an element
- Molecular formula gives the total number of atoms of different elements present in the molecule. While structural formula apart from giving the kinds of atoms and the exact number of each describes the actual arrangement of these atoms in the molecule. Or it shows exactly how the atoms are bonded
- 2KClO3(s) → 2KCl(s) + 3O2(g)
- (39 + 36 + 48) = 123
- Matter can neither be created nor destroyed in chemical reaction
- Lead II trioxonitrate (V) solution and Potassium Iodide solution. Pb(NO3)2(aq) and KI
- If two elements combine to form more than one compound, the mass of one of the element which separately combine with a fixed mass of the other elements are in simple ratio.
- Chemical formula is a collection of symbols and numbers that represent one molecule of a compound WHILE Chemical equation is the convenient way of representing chemical reactions
- It must be balanced
- The study of the identities and relative quantitative aspect of any chemical reaction
- To determine the amount of sugar in solution (Option c).
- Atoms, Ions, molecules or electrons
- The Avogadro’s Constant
- Limited to 1st 20 elements, mystical connection with music
- Protons, i.e the number of positive charges
- Apart from same properties, atomic weight of the middle element was said to be approximately an average of the atomic weights of the other two elements.
- Protium, Deuterium and Tritium
- x-ray-Transparency, radioactive, absorbs few neutrons for fuel containers
- J.W Dobereiner (TRAIDS)
- Valence and formula of hydride, chloride of the elements.
- J.W. Dobereiner, Lother Michael, Mendeleev, John Newlands
SEE ALSO: How To Finally Love Mathematics
How to Improve Your Exam Speed
Jamb Chemistry Repeated Questions | Jamb Chemistry Past Questions and Answers
Thanks for sticking with us on the Tricky Chemistry Quiz Questions and Answers.