In the dynamic realm of academic achievements and admissions, the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) in Kaduna has recently revealed its criterion for prospective students. The focus here is the benchmark or the cut-off mark which candidates need to achieve for the 2023/2024 academic admissions.
Introduction to AFIT
For the uninitiated, the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), located in Kaduna, isn’t just another tertiary institution. It uniquely combines military rigor with the essence of civilian academia. This prestigious establishment boasts accreditations from the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), the National Universities Commission (NUC), the Council for the Regulation of Engineers in Nigeria (COREN), and the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE). It’s noteworthy to mention that AFIT offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs, primarily focusing on Aerospace Engineering and its associated disciplines.
AFIT’s Admission Cut-Off Marks
Being well-informed about AFIT’s specific cut-off marks is crucial for all aspiring candidates. Here’s a breakdown:
For those eyeing a degree (B.Sc/B.Eng) at AFIT, the institute has set the cut-off mark at 200. Only candidates who have achieved a score of at least 200 and have the necessary minimum of Five (5) O’Level Credit Passes in relevant subjects are qualified to proceed with AFIT’s post-UTME Screening Exercise.
Degree Courses on Offer:
- B.Eng Aerospace Engineering.
- B.Eng Automotive Engineering.
- B.Eng Civil Engineering.
- B.Eng Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- B.Eng Information and Communication Technology.
- B.Eng Mechanical Engineering.
- B.Eng Mechatronics Engineering.
- B.Eng Metallurgical and Material Engineering.
- B.Eng Telecommunication Engineering.
- B.Sc Physics with Electronics.
- B.Sc Banking and Finance.
- B.Sc Business Administration.
- B.Sc Chemistry.
- B.Sc Computer Science.
- B.Sc Cyber Security.
- B.Sc Economics.
- B.Sc International Relations.
- B.Sc Marketing.
- B.Sc Mathematics.
- B.Sc Physics.
- B.Sc Accounting.
- B.Sc Statistics.
National Diploma (ND) Courses:
For candidates considering National Diploma (ND) Full-Time courses, the bar is set slightly lower, with a cut-off mark of 160. To clarify, only those who’ve managed a score of at least 160 are eligible for the courses mentioned below:
ND Courses on Offer:
- ND Aircraft Engineering Technology.
- ND Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- ND Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technology.
- ND Civil Engineering Technology.
- ND Business Administration and Management.
With the cut-off marks now clearly stated by AFIT’s management, aspirants can strategize and prepare accordingly. It’s essential to understand the requirements and align your academic aspirations with the benchmarks set by the institution.
All the best in your pursuit!