Are you interested in attending the Federal University of Technology, Akure?
Getting into university is more competitive than ever, so it is paramount to do your research before applying.
Knowing some vital things about the Federal University of Technology Akure, such as reputation, tuition costs, location, cut-off mark, and courses offered, will save you from costly assumptions.
However, if you are interested in attending the Federal University of Technology, Akure, this article will give you some vital information you need to know.
An Introduction To The Federal University Of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a top-ranking university of technology in Nigeria. Founded in 1981, FUTA has grown tremendously and offers programs in over 50 academic departments across eight schools.
However, the university’s mission is to promote technological advancement by providing a conducive environment for research, teaching, and learning. FUTA’s vision is to be a world-class university of technology and a center of excellence in training, research, and service delivery.
Furthermore, FUTA is home to a vibrant student body of over 15,000 students. The university is also home to world-class research facilities, including the FUTA Centre for Advanced Research and Development (CARD).
FUTA is committed to providing its students with a world-class education, preparing them for success in the global workforce.
Here are some of the things that make FUTA a great university:
- Strong academic programs: FUTA offers a wide range of academic programs that are accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- World-class research facilities: FUTA has several world-class research facilities that allow its students and faculty to conduct cutting-edge research.
- Vibrant student life: FUTA has a vibrant student life that includes several clubs and organizations.
- Beautiful campus: FUTA’s campus is located in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria. The campus is lush and green and home to several historical buildings.
If you are looking for a top-ranked university of technology in Nigeria, then FUTA is a great choice. The university offers a world-class education, world-class research facilities, and a vibrant student life.
List of Faculties In FUTA
The university has nine schools and a college of medicine:
- College of Health Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences (SBMS)
- School of Basic Clinical Sciences (SBCS)
- School of Clinical Sciences (SCS)
- School of Computing (SOC)
- School of Life Science (SLS)
- School of Physical Science (SPS)
- School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
- School of Environmental Technology (SET)
- School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
- School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
- School of Logistics and Innovation Technology (SLIT)
- School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS)
The institution offers short-term courses, university-level advanced basic science programs, and pre-degree science programs.
Federal University of Technology, Akure School Fees
FUTA School Fees For New Students
Here is the list of FUTA school fees for freshers for the 2023/2024 academic session:
- Engineering and Technology: N45,300
- Science: N45,300
- Management and Social Sciences: N45,300
- Humanities: N45,30
Other Charges such as:
- Acceptance Fee: N45,300
- Online Registration (First and Second Semesters): N1,000
- Examination Fee: N5,000
- Medical Examination Fee: N1,000
- Caution Fee (Refundable): N2,500
- ID Card Fee: N1,500
- Matriculation Fee: N2,000
- Library Fee: N1,000
- Sports Fee: N1,000
- Endowment Fund: N1,000
Tuition fee plus other charges = N97,400
For Old/Returning Students
The current school fees of the Federal University of Technology, Akure ₦18,900 for old students.
Please note that these are the current school fees for the 2023/2024 academic session. The fees may be subject to change in subsequent years. You can check the official website of FUTA for the latest school fee information.
Also, note that the fee amounts for FUTA Part-time, Postgraduates, Direct Entry, and Freshers are different. As soon as you visit futa.edu.ng, you will find the breakdown of the fees on the portal and specifically for your course.
How Much Is FUTA Acceptance Fee?
The Federal University of Technology, Akure FUTA acceptance fee is N45,300. (Forty-Five Thousand and Three hundred Naira Only). This fee is non-refundable and compulsory for every new 100L student.
The Federal University of Technology Akure FUTA Cut-Off Mark
To gain admission into FUTA, you need to know the cut-off mark.
The FUTA UTME Cut off Mark is 180. Candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination must choose the Federal University of Technology Akure as their first choice.
Additionally, candidates must have at least 5 Credits in the O’Level subjects, including English and Math, in a single sitting.
You have a strong chance of being admitted to FUTA if you meet all of these requirements. And ensure that your JAMB Score and O’Level results are both strong.
FUTA Student Portal
Do you want to visit the FUTA student portal to further your admission processing? Visit the student portal here.
Here is the link to the official website of FUTA: https://www.futa.edu.ng/
Student Portal: www.futa.edu.ng/eportals
How Much Is FUTA Post UTME Form?
FUTA Post UTME form costs N2,000 (Two Thousand Naira), and you must pay via the school portal. Please also note that the fee is non-refundable.
FUTA Hostel Accommodation Fee 2023/2024 Academic Session
Below is the hostel accommodation fee for all hostels in FUTA. The hostel accommodation is for fresh and returning students for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The hostel Accommodation Fee is 18,000 Naira per student.
FUTA Dress Code
Here is the dress code for students of the Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA):
- Shirts: Collared shirts and polo shirts are allowed. Tank tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, and revealing shirts are no exemptions.
- Pants: Khakis, chinos, and jeans are allowed. Shorts, skirts, and dresses that are too short or revealing are not allowed.
- Shoes: Closed-toe shoes are required. The school does not allow sandals, flip-flops, and open-toe shoes.
- Hats: Baseball caps, bucket hats, and other hats are allowed. Hats must be removed when entering classrooms, lecture theatres, and other academic buildings.
- Jewellery: Watches and rings are allowed. Other jewelry, such as necklaces, earrings, and bracelets, should be modest and not too flashy.
Dress Codes For Specific Events
- Matriculation: students must wear white and black attire.
- Graduation: students must wear their academic gowns.
- Sports events: students must wear their school uniforms.
Please note that students who violate the dress code may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including suspension or expulsion.
Does FUTA Accept Second Choice?
No, FUTA does not accept second-choice candidates. If you don’t choose them as your first choice in your JAMB exam, no matter how high your score is, FUTA will not consider you for admission.
Does FUTA Accept Two Sittings?
Yes, FUTA accepts two sitting results for admission. This means you can combine two results. It can be WAEC or NECO to gain admission into the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
Does FUTA Accept Awaiting Results?
If you are a candidate with an awaiting result, rest assured that FUTA allows candidates to apply for admission with awaiting results.
However, you must upload your O-Level results immediately after it is out.
All the best in your pursuit!