The University of Calabar (UNICAL) has officially commenced the Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post UTME) process for the 2023/2024 academic session. This article is specifically for candidates who achieved a score of 140 or above in the Joint Admissions & Matriculation Examination (JAMB) and have selected UNICAL as their institution of first choice.
Schedule for Registration
The registration process for the Post UTME screening commences on Monday, July 10th, 2023. All interested applicants are encouraged to promptly begin their registration process as the portal will close at midnight on Sunday, August 20th, 2023.
Payment and Registration Procedure
There are two accessible options for the registration payment procedure:
Option 1: E-Tranzact
Available in all commercial banks nationwide, this option requires candidates to pay and obtain an E-transact PIN. With the obtained PIN, candidates should log into the portal at https://www.myunical.edu.ng. Then, click on the UTME Admission Screening link and follow the instructions provided on the portal after login.
Option 2: Purchase Post-UTME Pin Online
This option allows candidates to directly purchase the Post-UTME pin from the portal. Simply click on ‘Buy Post-UTME Pin Online’ to proceed. The TRANSACTION ID received after the purchase will serve as the PIN for login into the portal.
After successfully obtaining the scratch card, the following steps should be followed:
- Visit the UNICAL website at http://www.myunical.edu.ng and click on the UTME Admission Screening link.
- On the homepage, accurately input your JAMB Registration Number.
- Provide the confirmation order number or TRANSACTION ID.
- Click on login and follow the instructions provided.
- Confirm your entries and click on ‘SUBMIT’.
- Print out the completed form.
The fee for the Aptitude Test is ₦2,000.00.
The screening test will now start on Monday the 28th of August 2023 to the 2nd of September 2023. An important note is that the Post UTME process involves a Computer-Based Test (CBT) aptitude test. Candidates should check the portal from Wednesday, August 23rd, 2023, to find out their CBT venue and time.
- Original UTME result slips showing the candidate’s photograph are to be brought along.
- Candidates with any form of disability should indicate this during registration.
- Impersonation is a grave offense and culprits will be handed over to law enforcement agents, risking up to 5 years of imprisonment.
- Failure to participate in the screening exercise will automatically disqualify a candidate from admission consideration.
- Early registration is advised to avoid last-minute rush and congestion.
- Ensure that correct phone numbers are provided while filling out the form online as the university will communicate with candidates directly.
For any inquiries or support, contact the Zellence Unical Office, located at the Database Office, Philosophy Department, University of Calabar.
Telephone: +234-818-362-6190 Email: [email protected]
All the best in your pursuit!